3 days before your cruise! 72 Hours!! 72 Hours and you are on your way for a Bon Voyage! We are sure that you have a slew of things left from the days leading up to today and your cruise confirmations. But we really want you to concentrate on printing out and confirming all of your reservations. It was all the way back on Day 29 that we had you reconfirm everything. Today you will make sure that nothing has changed!
HINT – As we discuss there are great travel apps that keep all of your confirmations in one spot on your phone. But, call us old fashioned… we still like to have a paper copy with us! Phones die, or get lost. So, we put together a folder with everything at our fingertips that we keep in our carry on.
Confirmations List to print out: and put in your carry on.
HINT – If your travel agent has put together an itinerary, or confirmations and documents for you get these out now! Put them in your carry on. If you look at them again before you go, put them back!
- Hotel Confirmation. We suggest you call the hotel today and make sure they have a reservation in your name. Make sure you know if it is paid in full, or if you will be paying when you arrive or check out. Seems silly, but when you booked this months ago did you take good notes? Or, if your agent booked it for you, or it was booked through the cruise line, make sure that you have the confirmation with you! Including the address. Many a day we have arrived at an airport and grabbed a taxi not knowing where we were going. Make sure check-in and check-out dates are correct. Make sure that the room is what you reserved. Beds? Smoking/Non Smoking, etc. What floor you would like to be on. Request it! And while you are on the phone, really sweetly ask for an upgrade! Or, tell them if you are celebrating anything.
- Transfers. Print these out. If you got them through the cruise line, you will need to give this to the shuttle driver. So have a hard copy.
- Ship’s Boarding Pass. Make sure that everything is correct! Names are spelled the same as on your Passport. If you really want to be thorough, go back to day 29 and check everything on that list. Name, Birth dates, Cabin assigned, etc.
- Cruise Line Luggage Tags. Did you print them out yet? If not, do so now.
- Airline. Go on the airlines website and request updates be emailed or texted to you. These are the best! You will get gate changes, delay times, etc. Then make sure that your flight times and airports are correct. You will be doing your boarding passes on the last day. But for now print out all of your flight information.
- Print out any itinerary that you may need. Cruise Itinerary, Travel Itinerary. If your Travel Agent has put paperwork together for you get it out now.
It is now 3 Days until you head off to cruise ship heaven! You are almost there!!