You are 2 days away!!! Can you smell the ocean air? You are so close we can only imagine the anticipation you have today! Friends are calling and wishing you farewell. You are all over your Social Media taunting your family with your itinerary. Let’s get it done! Packing round four.
This is it. Pull your suitcases out, your carry-on, your toiletry bags, and your PACKING LISTS and daily wardrobe plan from day 25! Bring in the clean laundry and let’s get to it. Here is how we want to help you do this methodically.
Get out these Check Lists
- Clothes List and wardrobe plan from Day 25
- Electronics – Day 24
- Accessories – Day 17
- Medical – Day 17
- Carry on – Day 4
AS YOU GO THROUGH THE LISTS ANYTHING THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE READY TO PUT IN THE SUITCASE CIRCLE IT OR HIGHLIGHT IT! This way you can go back and add it later.
CELL PHONE AND ELECTRONIC CORDS!!!! We want you to be really conscious over the next 48 hours that if you use a cord to charge anything that you remember to pack it!!!
Start the Big Packing Now
Start with all of the clothes that you want in your large suitcase. Go through your list and start putting them in piles so you can see everything. You should already have some things ready to go from Day 8. Neatly pile all of your pants in one pile, shorts, skirts and your tops in their own pile. Take any of your dresses, suits and hanging clothes and hang them outside of a closet somewhere that you can see them.
HINT – you should now have all of the major clothes in one spot for you to see what you are bringing. Now PURGE SOME! Yup! Match tops to pants. Remember your list of wardrobes for each day that you planned. Truth is we have our favorite clothes and that is what you will end up wearing most of the time. Take out any maybes! You won’t wear them.
MIX AND MATCH!
- Now pack everything but your hanging clothes. You will leave those until Day 1. If you have packing cubes pack them that way. We love to have our clothes separated in an easy way to unpack once we board. Don’t want to waste your time in the cabin when you could be out watching the sail away!
- Use your socks, underwear as filler in-between all the empty spots!
- Line your belts up along the outer edge of your suitcase bottom.
- Use the corners to put high heels and shoes (unless you are using our hint and putting them in your carryon.)
- If you have spaces on the bottom of your suitcase in-between where the handle goes, put socks, sandals and flat things there. It’s a great way to use this space!
- Keep one corner empty to put your cosmetic or toiletry bag at the end
- You will lay your hanging clothes on top tomorrow on day one.
- You can use plastic dry cleaning bags in between clothes you don’t want to wrinkle.
- Put as much as you can in your toiletry bag today. If you need to keep it out to use things over the next day, you can. But put them right back!
- When you are ready to pack this bag consider putting it inside a plastic bag. Nothing like having face cream leak all over your clothes.
HINT – If you are flying the cabin pressure will open your containers. Make sure you tighten all of your containers really tight before you pack them.
Accessories, Electronics, and Medical Lists
- Accessories List!- Don’t forget your bug sprays, hair products, sunscreen, purses, glasses, umbrellas, etc!
- Electronics List-Cameras, Cell Phones, Kindles, cords, cords, cords!
- Medical kit– Prescriptions, over the counter needs.
Carry on Bags
Get out your carryon suitcase and make sure that you have everything from your DAY 4 list. Put as much as you can in the suitcase now.
YOU ARE 2 DAYS AWAY!!!!!