It’s day 15. Did the title of today, onboard your cruise, get you totally excited? Today we want you to make sure that you and your Travel Agent have confirmed all of your cabin extras, onboard dietary needs, boarding, and disembarking requests.
WHAT TO REMEMBER TO CONFIRM OR REQUEST THROUGH YOUR TRAVEL AGENT OR CRUISE LINE.
- Confirm any cribs that should be in your cabin
- Confirm your beds together or apart (Most ships have the ability to separate the beds into two or put them together to make one big bed)
- Confirm your pre-ordered cabin decorations
- Confirm your Dining Seating and who should be seated with you
- Confirm your cabin deliveries, Wine, Gifts, Kids gifts, etc.
- Confirm your Special Event Cakes, Birthday, Anniversary
- Confirm your onboard meeting with Staff (Group Leaders)
- Confirm any private parties or meeting spaces that have been arranged for your group
Confirm any medical needs you may have.
- If you are diabetic and need a fridge for your insulin.
- If you need oxygen be aware of the ship’s restrictions if they have any.
- Do you need a wheelchair or assistance for boarding? Port assistance?
- Have you rented a wheelchair or other special needs equipment for the ship? If so, make sure you have your confirmation information with you and rental company telephone number.
- If you have Dietary restrictions have your Travel Agent inform the ship.
HINT! – There are restrictions as to the size wheelchairs you can bring on the ship. The halls, cabin sizes, and doorways make it difficult to have traditional chairs with you. Your Travel Agent can help you rent equipment through Special needs Cruise Companies that can be dropped at the ship for your use for the entire cruise. Make sure to confirm your rentals and keep your paperwork with you. If you just need help with boarding and disembarking your Travel Agent can arrange that for you with the cruise line.
SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN OR ADULTS – If you have any special needs guests traveling with you, have your Travel Agent check what extra programs the ship has, or what they can do to help accommodate you. Most cruise lines have departments just to help special needs guests! For example, we were happy to hear that some cruise lines have programs for people with Autism. And they start before you board the ship! So google your special need and your cruise line and you may find some wonderful surprises that will make your cruise even more enjoyable. Or just ask your Travel Agent Expert!
EXAMPLE – One of our team has very specific dietary needs. We make it a point to confirm that the ship can meet those needs and that they are aware of them BEFORE she boards! Most cruise lines will work diligently to help meet just about every need from Gluten free, Dairy free to Kosher. But confirm with your cruise line ahead of time that they can meet your dietary needs! This helps the ship, once aboard, to make sure there are no errors. On our last cruise, the staff was so sweet and even asked our team member what was her favorite foods so they could purchase it at the next port. She told them dairy-free sour cream. They found it! Just know that you still have to be diligent yourself to make sure that you are not eating or being served something that you cannot have. Ask ask and ask again when you order.